Healthy Supreme Nachos that you make yourself! You’ll feel like it’s overindulgent, but it’s 100% green tier! SCORE!
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups salsa 16 oz.
- 1 can black beans undrained, 14.5 oz.
- 1 bag frozen corn 10 oz.
- 2 cups cheddar cheese grated
- 2 tomato large, diced
- romaine lettuce 6-8 leaves, shredded
- 2 cans Black olives sliced, 4 oz.
- sour cream optional
- cilantro chopped, optional
- extra virgin olive oil
- 24 corn tortilla 1 bag, 16 oz.
- Place chicken breasts, salsa, corn, and black beans in a slow cooker. Cook on low 6 hours or on high 4 hours. Shred chicken.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare the chips. Preheat oven to 400. Cut all tortillas into wedges (about 6 wedges each tortilla) with large sharp knife or a pizza cutter. Layer a few of the wedges in the bottom of a medium bowl. Drizzle with a tablespoon or so of the oil. Top with more layers of tortillas. Toss with hands to coat. Keep repeating layers of tortillas and oil and tossing with hands. Layer oil-coated wedges on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt. Bake at 400 for about 10 minutes or until chips are crispy. Check out an easy how-to video in the notes.
- Leave baked chips on the baking sheet. Reduce oven temperature to 350. Arrange contents of slow cooker over chips using a slotted spoon. Top with cheese. Return baking sheet to oven. Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and top with diced tomatoes, lettuce, black olives, sour cream and cilantro, if desired.