Loaded with veggies and that “chinese take-out” flavor we love but without the MSG, try this Healthy Chicken Chow Mein!
- 8 oz 100% whole grain soba noodles such as buckwheat
- 4 oz Chicken broth with no sugar listed in ingredients
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp coconut oil divided
- 2 tsp bottled minced garlic
- fresh ginger 2 inch piece, minced
- 1 onion small, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 8 oz carrot shredded
- 1 pint sliced mushrooms
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast diced
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1 can water chestnuts
- Cook chicken in 1 t. coconut oil in a med. skillet until no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Set aside. Mix broth, cornstarch, Braggs, and sesame oil. Set aside. Cook noodles according to package directions.
- While noodles are cooking, heat remaining 1 tsp coconut oil in a large skillet or wok. Add garlic, ginger and onion. Cook 1 min. Add bell pepper, carrots and mushrooms. Cook 6 min, stirring frequently
- Drain noodles (when done), set aside. Add sauce to vegetables in skillet. Cook 1 min or until beginning to thicken. Add chicken, edamame, noodles and water chestnuts. Toss and cook for 3 minutes or until heated through.
Pin this healthy chicken chow mein recipe so you don’t lose it. Use the pin button on the image below (hover to see it on desktop). This would go great on any Asian boards or Clean Eating boards you may have.