I have messed around with a cauliflower mash recipe (all cauliflower, no potatoes) as well as an apple and parsnip mash recipe with some success
However, for Christmas dinner last year, I decided to try my hand at my own recipe involving cauliflower, parsnips, and carrots. The result was, in my opinion, incredible. Now, I did have one family member say they were too sweet and waive his wife off when she was asking for the recipe but the rest seemed to really like it. I know myself and my wife and several others REALLY liked them, so I hope you enjoy.
Carrot, Parsnip, and Cauliflower Mash
Hey, have you checked out the Clean Plate Club yet? Learn More Here. You'll love it.
- Chop Cauliflower into florets (size of florets is not very important).
- Peel Parsnips and Carrots and chop them into 1/2″ pieces.
- Add cauliflower, parsnips, and carrots into a medium size pot and cover completely with water.
- Boil until carrots and parsnips are soft (about 10 minutes)
- Drain cauliflower, parsnip, and carrot mix
- Puree in food processor (or you can use an immersion blender right in the pot if you have one…that was my method).
- When the vegetable mix is mostly smooth in the food processor, slowly add oil, milk, salt, and butter and continue to process.
- Add the grated cheese and mix to melt.
- Serve and enjoy!