This is a SIMPLE vegan dinner that anyone can do. Pumpkin Soup and Salad
- 2 pie pumpkins halved and pulp and seeds removed
- 32 floz vegetable broth
- 3 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/4 cup carrot shredded
- 1/4 cup cucumber chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper sliced
- 1/4 cup sprouts (like radish, alfalfa, or broccoli)
- 1/4 cup tomato chopped
- 1/4 cup jicama chopped
- Fresh herbs (like basil, cilantro, parsley, dill)
- 1/4 cup toasted seeds and nuts (like cashews) (like cashews, pecans, pumpkin seeds, or sunflower seeds)
Creamy Garlic Dressing Ingredients
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp honey raw, unfiltered, or raw agave nectar
- Place the pumpkin halves in a slow cooker with 1/2 cup water.
- Cook on high 2.5 hours or until pumpkin is soft.
- Scoop half the meat out of the shells, add to a blender with half the broth.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Repeat with other half.
- Serve hot.
- Mix together salad ingredients to make a large tossed salad.
- Dress with Creamy Garlic Dressing (see below) or other 90/10 approved dressing
Creamy Garlic Dressing Directions
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend on medium high for 30 seconds or until well mixed.
- Store excess in airtight container in refrigerator.
- If dressing solidifies when cold, let sit at room temperature until liquid, then stir.
- Makes 8 to 10 servings.