Baked Apple Cinnamon French Toast Recipe. Yes! You can have french toast for breakfast and not feel guilty.
- 6 cups 100% Whole Grain Bread cubed
- 8 egg white
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups apple (peeled, cored, and diced)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the egg whites, almond milk, honey, extracts and cinnamon. Whisk well.
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish and fill it with the bread.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the bread and allow it to sit for at least 30 minutes, mixing once or twice to be sure all parts of the bread are moistened.
- Mix in the apples
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes
This Post Has 3 Comments
I think I will need to try this soon.
Trying this weekend.
I made today. We all liked, but next time I will use less bread or less milk so it’s not so mushy….