Baked Carrot Cake Oatmeal Recipe? I can have carrot cake for breakfast? Sure! Why not?
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 1 cup almond milk room temperature
- 2 egg room temperature
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted and cooled
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup carrot 3-4, grated
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease square baking dish with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, mix together milk, eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Stir in carrots, oats, toasted pecans, cinnamon, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- Stir until mixture is well-combined.
- Spread oatmeal into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
This Post Has 5 Comments
I will try this for breakfast soon. Does anyone cut them & wrap in plastic wrap & freeze? I’m thinking that is what I will try.
Did you try it, Cindy? Sorry I did not see this comment earlier!
Not yet, but came across it again tonight. Will be giving this a try next weekend.
Just made this for breakfast today. Love it!
Wonder if you could add pumpkin to this instead of the carrots? Do you think same amount of pumpkin as carrots – 1 1/4 cups? Any thoughts on this?