If you don’t have an air fryer, you can try these Air Fryer Parmesan Rutabaga Fries in your oven as well. They come out crispy and tasty in the air fryer though, so don’t skip this recipe if you have an air fryer! I’ve tried a couple of air fryers and I like this Cuisinart one the best.
I recommend pairing these with a Bacon and Egg Burger.
- 2 lb rutabaga
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Peel rutabagas, and slice into thick cut julienne fries. Toss fries with olive oil.
- Put approximately half of the fries into the air fryer basket. If your air fryer is large enough to do more, you can, but mine fits about half of this recipe at a time.
- Turn the air fryer to 400F for about 18 minutes. Shake the basket every 5 minutes or so to move the fries around a bit.
- Sprinkle fries with parmesan, salt, and pepper.
- Repeat with the second batch.