Homemade quick and easy tomato soup will make you wonder how that other soup company ever made it. (Hint: it rhymes with BAMBLES.) Seriously, homemade is still just as easy as opening a can! This recipe pairs well with Basic Grilled Cheese Sandwiches.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion small, diced
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes 28 oz
- 2 cup vegetable broth no sugar listed in ingredients
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Heat oil in a sauce pan. Add onion. Sauté 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, broth, salt, and pepper. Stir well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 7 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to pureé. (If you don't have an immersion blender, pureé in batches in a blender or food processor.)
- Heat oil in a sauce pan. Add onion. Sauté 2 minutes. Add cooked onions, omatoes, broth, salt, and pepper to a cooking blender. Program for soup.