Not everything you make at home needs to be an elaborate spread! Sometimes the simplest recipes are the most comforting. We made these basic grilled cheese sandwiches and served them with homemade tomato soup in a crunch. Took about 15 minutes for a family of 4!
- 8 slices 100% Whole Grain Bread no high fructose corn syrup
- 12 slices real american cheese see notes
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter soft
- Heat skillet over medium heat. While skillet is heating, butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Layer cheese evenly on the insides (non-buttered sides) of the bread.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook each sandwich, butter side down, 2 minutes. Flip, and cook 2 minutes on other side. (or until golden brown.)