A Philly cheesesteak doesn’t always have to be a sandwich! (Or, if it does,make a sandwich with the biscuits!!!). Philly Cheesesteak and Biscuits is a whole new thing.
- 1 lb sirloin steak thinly sliced
- 2 portobello mushroom caps large, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion thinly sliced
- 4 oz provolone cheese
- 2 cups 100% whole wheat pastry flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 4 Tbsp buttermilk powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter cold
- 1 cup milk
- Heat large skillet over medium heat. Add oil, steak, salt, pepper, garlic, peppers, and onions. Cook 5-7 minutes or until steak is to desired doneness, and peppers are tender-crisp. Transfer to serving plate, and top with cheese. Allow to stand 5 minutes to melt the cheese. Serve on biscuits, if desired.
- Preheat oven to 400. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Cut in butter using two knives or a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk. Place mixture on floured cutting board. Knead a few times. Hand press the dough into 1/2 inch thick. Using round cookie cutter (or any shape), cut biscuits. Place biscuits on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes or until browned. 6 servings.