Wow. Wow. Wow. Fire up your grill for this beauty. If you don’t have a grill, go get one. Seriously. This Zesty Herb Flank Steak is that good.
- 1-2 lbs flank steak
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup red wine optional
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper optional
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil for garnish, optional
- Combine all ingredients in a glass dish or zip top plastic bag. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill over medium heat. Remove steak from marinade. Discard marinade. Grill steak 4 minutes per side (longer for thicker steaks or for more well done steaks, to desired doneness). Slice against the grain. Top with fresh basil, if desired.
- Preheat broiler. Remove steak from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade. Broil steak 5 minutes per side or until it has reached desired doneness.