- 1 cup yellow cornmeal whole
- 1 cup 100% whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 4 Tbsp buttermilk powder such as Saco
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup water
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix well with a whisk. Fold in wet ingredients just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour batter into greased 10” cast iron skillet, or greased round cake pan.
- Bake 20-25 min or until browned and cooked through.