I just love a bagel with shmear, don’t you? Unfortunately, in the world of clean eating, it’s pretty hard to find one that satisfies the requirements. Thankfully it’s very easy to make your own! Try this veggie cream cheese on your own Whole Wheat Bagels (or these) or on any whole grain toast. Or use it as a base for wraps, sandwiches, or even as a dip for raw veggies.
This recipe was adapted from thepioneerwoman.com.
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup carrot finely chopped
- 3 each green onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 stalk celery finely chopped
- Mix all ingredients until well mixed. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.