You will be shocked at how easy it is to make something this delicious! This healthy Sweet and Sour Shrimp is great for anytime! Feel free to use extra pineapple, because it’s so good!
This recipe was adapted from myrecipes.com.
- 1 can pineapple chunks canned in juice, 16 oz
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 lb shrimp thawed, peeled, tails removed
- 1 each green bell pepper cut into chunks
- 1 each red bell pepper cut into chunks
- 1/2 each onion cut into chunks
- 2 cups brown rice cooked (2 cups after cooking)
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Set chunks aside. Combine pineapple juice, cornstarch, chili powder, tomato paste, cayenne, honey, vinegar, bragg and garlic. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bell peppers and onions. Cook, stirring frequently, 2-3 min or until peppers are tender-crisp. Add shrimp. Cook about 3 min or until shrimp are cooked through.
- Stir the sauce and immediately add to shrimp mixture in skillet. Add pineapple. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture is thickened and bubbly, about 5 minutes. Serve over cooked brown rice.
This Post Has One Comment