These Bacon, Avocado, and Blistered Tomato Sandwiches are like BLTs, except all grown up! (And living in a penthouse apartment on Park Avenue in Manhattan.) (Not that I know the first thing about that. I live in a suburban house in central Oklahoma.)
- 4 each roma tomato
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 4 oz uncured bacon no sugar added
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 each avocado
- 8 each 100% Whole Grain Bread slices
- Preheat oven to 400. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Arrange bacon on one baking sheet, in a single layer.
- Halve tomatoes. Add to a medium bowl. Add olive oil, salt, and pepper to bowl. Toss to coat. Arrange tomatoes in a single layer on the second baking sheet.
- Add both sheets to oven. Bake 5 minutes. Trade positions and bake an additional 7 minutes.
- While bacon and tomatoes are baking, slice avocado. Toast bread.
- When bacon and tomatoes are cooked, build your sandwiches with bacon, tomatoes, and avocados. Serve immediately.