This Sundried Tomato Pesto Pasta is so good you won’t even miss the cheese. (And that is saying something because I’m the truest of cheese lovers there ever was. I’m practically from Wisconsin, you know!)
- 1 lbs 100% whole wheat pasta any shape, we used bowties
- 1 bunch kale stemmed and chopped
- 1 cup cashews
- 3 oz sun dried tomatoes not packed in oil, about 1 cup, divided
- 2 1/2 cups almond milk unsweetened, plus more to taste
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- Heat 2 cups of water to a boil. Remove from heat and add cashews. Let soak 15 minutes.
- While cashews are soaking, bring large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta. Cook 8-10 minutes to desired doneness. Drain. Stir in chopped kale.
- Add soaked cashews and all remaining ingredients (cashews, tomatoes, milk, salt, garlic, basil, walnuts, and lemon juice) to a blender. Blend until smooth. Stir into pasta mixture. Add more almond milk if sauce is too thick. Season with salt and pepper if desired.