Like a muffin-shaped calzone, Stuffed Pizza Pie is a unique twist on an old favorite. Sometimes you want the same thing but different.
- 1 3/8 cup warm water
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups 100% whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tsp bread machine yeast
- 1 cup marinara with no sugar in ingredients
- 10 garlic-stuffed green olives roughly chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 3 oz uncured pepperoni chopped
- 1 lb ground beef 90% lean or leaner
- 2 cups mozzarella grated
- Crust: Add water, olive oil, and honey to bowl of a stand mixer. Add flour and salt. Make a well in the center of the flour. Add yeast to the well. Mix on low 5-6 minutes or until dough ball forms and cleans the sides of the bowl. Remove dough and divide into 6 equal portions. Roll each portion out to 12 inch circle. Cover and set aside.
- Filling: Cook beef according to package directions. Drain. Combine beef, pepperoni, sauce, olives, cheese and peppers in a bowl. Spray 6 cavities of a jumbo muffin tin with cooking spray. Working with one dough circle at a time, gently press the dough circle into the bottom and up sides of a muffin cavity. Fill dough with filling (to the rim). Bring the dough up and over the filling, and pinch to seal. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.