This healthy stuffed flank steak recipe was originally for our Christmas menu back in 2015. It is a big hit with company and presents well on a plate.
- 1 1/2 lb flank steak butterflied*
- 5 oz baby spinach
- 1 tsp bottled minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes 14.5 oz can
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Heat oil in skillet until hot. Add garlic. Saute' 30 sec, then add spinach. Saute’ 5 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Open steak. Spread spinach, tomatoes, and peppers on open steak. Roll up. Secure with toothpicks or cooking twine.
- Roast for 30 minutes. Turn oven to broil, and broil 5 minutes. Let steak rest 5 minutes before slicing. Remove twine, slice and serve.