Don’t be afraid to try these quick and easy Spicy Chicken Sandwiches, even with your kids. You can control the spice level, and my kids even said they’re not that spicy, even as written! (And they don’t like spicy!)
NOTE: The picture for this recipe was taken with one of our Low Carb Keto Hamburger Buns (it’s NOT white bread!)
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 Tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 4 each 100% whole grain hamburger buns or use the low carb keto bun recipe in notes.
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard no sugar listed in ingredients
- 4 cherry tomatoes thinly sliced
- 1/2 cucumber thinly sliced
- 4 leaves curly leaf lettuce
- Combine chicken and next 8 ingredients (paprika through thyme) in a large zip top plastic bag. Toss to coat. Place in refrigerator, and marinate at least 30 min.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Grill chicken 4 minutes per side, or until no longer pink in center. Slice chicken into thin strips.
- Spread equal amounts of yogurt and mustard on one cut side of each bun. Top with cucumber, tomato, lettuce, and cooked chicken. Top with remaining bun half.