I kind of feel like shrimp boils are the ocean’s gift to us. They’re just so, FUN! Of course a good clean eating shrimp boil with quality ingredients is fun AND healthy.
- 12 floz beer
- 3 onion quartered
- 1 bag seafood boil bag such as Zatarains
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 2 bay leaf
- 1 lb shrimp as big as you can find
- 1 1/2 lb purple potato
- 4 ears corn on the cob halved
- 1 lb sausage clean, sliced thick, such as Trader Joe’s
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp old bay seasoning
- In a large pot, 4 quarts of water, beer, and next 4 ingredients to a boil. Add potatoes. Boil for 15 minutes.
- Add corn and sausage. Boil 8 minutes.
- Add shrimp. Boil 4 minutes.
- Cover pot and remove from heat. Let stand 12 minutes. Drain liquid.
- Dump contents onto newspaper (or parchment) lined table. Melt butter, and add old bay seasoning to butter. Mix well. Serve melted butter with shrimp, sausage, corn, and potatoes.
This Post Has 0 Comments