I kind of feel like shrimp boils are the ocean’s gift to us. They’re just so, FUN! Of course a good clean eating shrimp boil with quality ingredients is fun AND healthy.
- 12 floz beer
- 3 onion quartered
- 1 bag seafood boil bag such as Zatarains
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 2 bay leaf
- 1 lb shrimp as big as you can find
- 1 1/2 lb purple potato
- 4 ears corn on the cob halved
- 1 lb sausage clean, sliced thick, such as Trader Joe’s
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp old bay seasoning
- In a large pot, 4 quarts of water, beer, and next 4 ingredients to a boil. Add potatoes. Boil for 15 minutes.
- Add corn and sausage. Boil 8 minutes.
- Add shrimp. Boil 4 minutes.
- Cover pot and remove from heat. Let stand 12 minutes. Drain liquid.
- Dump contents onto newspaper (or parchment) lined table. Melt butter, and add old bay seasoning to butter. Mix well. Serve melted butter with shrimp, sausage, corn, and potatoes.