I have certain recipes that I call “back pocket” recipes. These are recipes for which it is easy to keep all the ingredients on hand, either in the freezer or the pantry, and goes together quickly. Recipes like these are great for a change-of-plan night, when you’ve forgotten to thaw something or for when you haven’t gotten to the store. Shrimp and Pesto Pasta with broccoli is a complete healthy meal in one dish that can be made just about any time.
- 1 lb shrimp large, cooked
- 1 lb 100% whole wheat spaghetti noodles
- 1 bag frozen broccoli 16 oz, steam-in-the-bag
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 oz parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated, optional
- Process pesto by adding basil, 2 Tbsp. olive oil, pine nuts, parmesan cheese, and garlic, one item at a time, to a food processor, stopping to scrape bowl in between each ingredient. Set aside. Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add pasta. Cook 6 minutes. Add shrimp and keep boiling for 2 more minutes. While pasta is cooking, steam broccoli according to package instructions. When pasta and shrimp are done, drain and return to pan. Add pesto and broccoli. Stir well.
This Post Has 0 Comments