These Sea Scallops with Garlic Sauce are simple enough for 1-2-3 Eat! and classy enough for company, making them the perfect recipe to keep in your arsenal, especially for when scallops go on sale or clients come to dinner last minute. We served these with Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Onion and Twice Baked Cauliflower.
- 1 lb sea scallops thawed if frozen
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter divided
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 3 Tbsp fresh parsley chopped, for garnish
- Melt 1 Tbsp butter in a medium skillet. Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper. Add scallops to hot skillet and cook 2-3 minutes per side, or until seared to a golden brown on each side. Remove from skillet and keep warm. In same skillet, melt remaining 3 Tbsp butter. Add garlic, oregano, and basil. Cook until garlic turns golden, stirring frequently. Pour over scallops or, for a creamier sauce, add to blender. Puree, then pour over scallops. Top scallops with chopped fresh parsley.
This Post Has 2 Comments
Oh my! I can’t wait to try this tonight! Now I know what to do with those scallops that my husband bought at Costco!
Friends loved these