Sorta like sushi, sorta like rice bowls, these Nori Roll Bowls fall somewhere in between. Vegan, gluten free, loaded with flavor and nutrients, this dish is sure to please!
If you like this idea, also check out the popular Eggroll In A Bowl recipe.
- 1 tsp sesame oil plus more for topping, if desired
- 1 Tempeh chopped
- 4 sheets nori seaweed processed into crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice cooked, about 3/4 cup uncooked, see notes.
- 1 cup carrot chopped
- 1 cup cucumber chopped
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 Tbsp Bragg Liquid Aminos to taste, optional
- Heat oil in a medium skillet. Add chopped tempeh. Cook tempeh, stirring frequently, until browned and a little crispy. While tempeh is cooking, divide rice evenly among 4 bowls. Remove tempeh from heat and distribute atop the rice in each of the bowls. Add cucumber and carrot to the bowls. Sprinkle crumbled nori over each bowl. Top each bowl with sesame seeds. Fan out avocado slices over each bowl. Sprinkle with Bragg, if desired. (Note: Nori Roll Bowls can be served hot or cold.)
This Post Has 0 Comments