Like “Hot Pockets,” these Sausage Pizza Mock Pockets are tiny pockets of dough stuffed with, in this case, all the flavors of sausage pizza. All of the flavor (and then some), none of the chemicals.
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 can crushed tomatoes 14.5 oz
- 1 batch pizza dough see notes
- 12 oz uncured italian sausage diced, see notes
- 2 cups mozzarella grated
- Cook sausage 10 minutes or until cooked and browned.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet. Add garlic. Saute 30 seconds. Add tomatoes. Stir well, bring to a simmer, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Divide dough in half. Reserve half for another use. Divide remaining dough into 8 equal portions. Roll each portion out to a rectangle 1/4 inch thick.
- Top each rectangle with 1/4 cup sauce. Top the sauce with 2 T. sausage. Add 1/4 c. cheese.
- Fold opposite sides up and over the filling. Pinch to seal. Pinch ends to seal. Place pocket on parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat with each rectangle.
- Bake at 400 for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
This Post Has One Comment
I may have to search harder for the uncured sausage or pepperoni so I can try this.