This Slow Cooker Sausage and Spinach Soup is yet another slow cooker superstar! Make it and freeze it, then cook directly from frozen, or make it fresh–either way, this scrumptious soup is sure to warm you up from the inside out! Serve it with fresh, crusty, still-hot baguettes for a delightful treat!
- 12 oz uncured sausage no nitrates or sugar, sliced
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 cup frozen diced onions
- 10 oz frozen sliced carrots
- 2 cans pinto beans 15 oz each
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 bay leaf
- 4 cups vegetable broth no sugar listed in ingredients
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach
- To cook immediately, add all ingredients except spinach to a slow cooker. Cook on low 6 hours. Add spinach and cook 10-15 min to wilt the spinach.
- To freeze, add all ingredients except spinach to a large zip top plastic freezer bag. Freeze. (Keep spinach frozen in its original package.)
- To cook from frozen, do not thaw. Add contents of freezer bag to a slow cooker. Cook on low 8 hours or on high 6 hours. Add frozen spinach and cook 10-15 minutes to wilt the spinach.