This recipe for Roasted Tomato Marinara is brought to you by farmers’ markets and home gardens everywhere. (Because they’re over run with tomatoes. Really. If you’re a home gardener you know what I mean.)
- 6 tomato ripe (freshest possible), stemmed
- 1 onion quartered
- 5 cloves garlic peeled and quartered
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 can tomato paste
- Preheat oven to 425. Add tomatoes, onions, and garlic to a glass 13X9 baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil, vinegar, and salt. Bake at 425 for 30 minutes.
- Add contents of baking dish, basil, and tomato paste to a deep bowl. Puree using an immersion blender.
- Add pureed tomato mixture to freezer bags. Freeze until ready to use.