- 1 lb ground beef 90% lean or leaner
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeno slices diced
- 10 oz frozen green bell peppers
- 4 cans pinto beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 6 slices uncured bacon no sugar listed in ingredients
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp worcestershire sauce no sugar listed in ingredients, see notes
- 2 Tbsp mustard
- Push sauté. Add bacon. Cook until browned. Remove bacon and cool on paper towels. Crumble. Drain grease from pot.
- Add bacon, beef, and all remaining ingredients to the pot, along with 1/2 cup water. Stir well. Lock lid. Set valve to sealing. Program for manual-high and 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange bacon on parchment paper. Bake at 400 20 minutes or until crispy. Let cool and crumble.
- Add bacon, beef, and all remaining ingredients to a slow cooker. Stir well. Cook on low 6 hours or on high 4 hours.
- Cook bacon as directed above (either method). Combine cooked and crumbled bacon, beef, and all remaining ingredients in a large zip top bag. Knead to mix well. Freeze.
- To cook after freezing, add frozen meal to instant pot® along with 1 cup water. Lock lid. Set valve to sealing. Program for manual-high, and 30 minutes. (please note that although cook time does not change from fresh, because the meal is frozen, it will take longer for the IP to come to pressure.)
- To cook after freezing without an instant pot®, add frozen meal to slow cooker. Cook on low 8 hours or on high 6 hours.