Pizza-Stuffed Peppers are a fun and simple take on stuffed peppers. What a fun way to get some veggies and still have the tastes of pizza!
- 6 bell pepper any color
- 3/4 lb ground beef 90% lean or leaner
- 1 cup 100% whole wheat pasta such as orzo or medium shells
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce 24 oz.
- 1 cup garlic-stuffed green olives chopped
- 3 oz uncured pepperoni
- 6 oz mozzarella shredded
- Preheat oven to 350. Brown beef. While beef is browning, slice tops off of peppers and remove seeds and membranes. Place peppers in a 13 X 9 baking dish. Set aside. When beef is brown, add sauce, 1 c. water, pasta, olives, and pepperoni. (I also added the chopped tops of the bell peppers, but that is optional). Cook 15 minutes or until pasta is cooked. Stuff peppers with beef mixture. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Remove and sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven and bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese melts.