Pizza Pot Pie is a fun alternative for pizza night that kids and adults will both love. Don’t forget to add the pizza dough recipe to your plan.
- 1 lb ground beef 90% lean or leaner
- 2 green bell pepper diced
- 1 jar marinara 24 oz, no sugar listed in ingredients
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz asiago cheese sliced
- 8 oz mozzarella sliced
- 1 batch pizza dough see notes
- Brown beef. Add bell peppers. Cook, stirring frequently, until peppers are soft. Stir in marinara. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, generously coat 4 oven proof bowls with olive oil, taking care to grease the bottoms sides, and rims of the bowls. Layer cheese slices on the bottom and up the sides of the bowl. Do not drape the cheese over the rims of the bowls.
- Divide meat mixture evenly among each cheese-lined bowl.
- Divide pizza dough into half. Reserve half for another use. Divide remaining dough into fourths. Roll each fourth to a circle 4 inches larger than the diameter of your bowls. Drape the dough over each bowl. Cover with a clean dish towel, and allow to rise 30-45 minutes. Preheat oven to 400.
- Bake at 400 for 10 minutes or until crust is golden brown. VERY carefully (bowls and contents will be hot), turn upside down onto a plate. You may need to loosen the dough from the sides of the bowl to get it to release.