If you have been eating burgers wrapped in lettuce to avoid the wheat or the carbs, you MUST try these Keto Hamburger Buns. They are wheat and gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, soy free, and low carb. If you are doing the keto diet, they are great for that. May I suggest using them as part of an epic BBQ pulled pork sandwich?
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 4 egg
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- spices see notes
- Preheat the oven to 425 deg
- Add all the ingredients in a blender and pulse until just mixed and smooth. Make sure the coconut oil is liquid (melted) before adding it.
- Pour the batter into 4 small pot pie pans or large muffin tins. We used the small pot pie pans shown in the picture. Silicone bakeware would be ideal for these.
- Bake for 15 minutes. NOTE: You may need to adjust baking time for your cookware. Our first attempt at this recipe was in ceramic ramekins and they took longer (25 minutes) but also stuck in the ramiken too much. These metal pie pans only took 15 minutes and produced a great result.