Ryan sent me this Lightning Lasagna recipe, and I tried a 90/10 and vegetarian version of it. I was shocked at how fast it went together and how delicious it was! I may or may not have had it for breakfast the next morning.
- 4 links vegan Italian sausage optional, such as Harvest Grains
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce 24 oz, no sugar listed in ingredients
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper optional
- 1 cup frozen diced bell peppers
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach
- 8 oz 100% whole wheat pasta such as farfalle
- 2 cups mozzarella divided
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 8 oz ricotta cheese
- Preheat broiler. Heat sausage, if using, and sauce to boiling in an oven safe large skillet. Add bell pepper, spinach, noodles, and 2 c. water. Bring to boiling. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until noodles are al dente.
- Remove from heat. Stir in 1 c. mozzarella and parmesan. Top with dollops of ricotta (as with a cookie dough scoop or two spoons). Sprinkle remaining mozzarella on top. Place under the broiler for 1-2 min or until cheese is melted and beginning to brown.
- Cook sausage, if using, on sauté until browned. Add bell peppers, spinach, noodles, and 1 cup water to the instant pot. Press cancel. Lock lid; set valve to sealing. Program for manual-high and 4 minutes. Either carefully move valve to venting to quick release the pressure or allow for natural pressure release, whichever you prefer.
- Preheat broiler. Once the pin drops, open lid. Stir in 1 cup mozzarella and all of the parmesan. Stir well. Transfer to an oven-safe casserole dish. Top with dollops of ricotta (as with a cookie dough scoop or two spoons). Sprinkle remaining mozzarella on top. Place under the broiler for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted and beginning to brown.
This Post Has 2 Comments
Quick and easy
Need to try this