Keto Cheddar Dinner Rolls are low carb, high fat (LCHF) rolls made with almond flour, egg, coconut oil, and cheddar. The result is a dense but fluffy roll that can be used with soups and more.
If you like these, you might also like the hamburger bun version.
- 1 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 6 egg
- 6 Tbsp coconut oil melted
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat the oven to 425 deg
- Add all the ingredients except 1/4 cup of cheese in a blender or food processor and pulse until just mixed and smooth. Make sure the coconut oil is liquid (melted) before adding it.
- Pour or scoop the batter into 12 greased muffin tins or silicone muffin molds. You can use coconut oil to lightly grease the tins or molds.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Open oven and sprinkle the remaining cheese evenly over the tops of the muffins. Remove them from the oven if you need to.
- Bake for 5 more minutes to melt the cheese and finish the rolls. Remove from molds or tins and serve.
This Post Has 14 Comments
This might be worth a try with the family…..sounds good!
Could you use melted butter instead of coconut oil? Same amount? They do taste a little “coconutty”.
Hi Lisa! Thanks for the comment. I have a strong feeling that would work just fine. Especially if you use high quality butter like Kerrygold. I’ve not tried it myself but I think it would work. If you do give it a try, I would love to know. Thank you so much.
Thanks!! The taste, texture and consistency are all great. I’m just thinking a buttery flavor might work well with the cheesiness. The Kerrygold butter is the exact one I have at home. I will try it next time and let you know how they turn out!
Excellent! I can’t wait, and I agree. I wish I would have tried it when I first made these. It’s such a good idea.
Made at Thanksgiving…..so so…maybe we’ll like them better the next day. Might be better with the butter mentioned in above comment.
I’m excited to hear how they go with butter. I might have to try myself.
Made them, I didn’t try but they all went
I liked these better today than hot out of the oven yesterday.
Made these tonight with butter rather than coconut oil because my family doesn’t really like the taste of coconut oil. My kids loved them but they wanted extra cheese in them.
Thank you! Did you use the same amount of butter as the amount of coconut oil called out? If so, I’ll add that to the recipe as an option since several have mentioned it.
What are the nutritional info on the rolls, especially sugar and carbs? Thanks
Hi Terry, we don’t do nutritional info on this site for a reason. We don’t want people worrying about that compared to ingredients. It’s kind of our thing. However, you can easily import the recipe into myfitnesspal.com or other apps and see how it comes out. Given the ingredients, there should be very little sugar or carbs. Certainly no added sugar.