This healthy Tuscan Chicken Casserole should go on the menu for sure. All the flavors of Tuscany, in an oozy, cheesy, gooey, noodley casserole.
- 1 lb 100% whole wheat pasta such as farfalle
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast diced
- 1/2 cup frozen diced onions
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 cup frozen chopped kale or 5 oz fresh baby kale
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1 can artichoke hearts drained
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2 cups mozzarella grated, divided
To Cook Immediately
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9X13 baking dish with cooking spray. Cook pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large skillet. Add onions. Cook until onions are soft and most of their liquid has evaporated. Add chicken and garlic. Cook until chicken is browned on all sides and cooked through, about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add kale and tomatoes to skillet; cook until kale is wilted, stirring frequently. Stir in cream cheese, milk, and parmesan cheese. Heat until cream cheese melts, stirring frequently to combine. Add pasta and artichokes; stir to coat. Spread into prepared baking dish; top with mozzarella cheese. Bake 30 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Prepare as directed above. (Note that a foil baking pan works well for freezing, and does not need to be sprayed with cooking spray first.) Cover tightly and freeze.
To Cook After Freezing
- Thaw completely. Bake uncovered at 350 for 40 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.