- 3/4 cup 100% whole wheat flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 oz uncured pepperoni no sugar listed in ingredients, chopped
- 4 oz mozzarella grated
- 1/2 cup marinara no sugar listed in ingredients
To Cook Immediately
- Add flour, baking powder, and garlic powder to a large bowl. Stir well. Add milk and egg. Stir to combine. Fold in cheese and pepperoni. Cook on well-greased waffle maker according to manufacturer's instructions. Serve with warm marinara, for dipping.
- Prepare as directed above, and allow to cool completely. Wrap tightly in a layer of plastic wrap, followed by a layer of foil. Freeze.
To Cook After Freezing
- To reheat (crispy waffles), toast in a toaster bag* or bake on a baking sheet at 350 for 10 minutes. To reheat (soft waffles) microwave 1-2 minutes or until hot.