These healthy taco rice bowls are easy to put together and super fun. You can skip the tortilla if you want or make it into tortilla chips instead.
- 4 tortilla see notes
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup brown rice cooked (1/2 cup dry)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup salsa no sugar listed in ingredients
- 1 lb ground beef 90% lean or leaner
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn fresh or frozen
- 2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 Tbsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 oz romaine lettuce shredded
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 4 Tbsp sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400. Place olive oil in a shallow dish. Arrange 4 oven safe bowls or mugs upside down on a baking sheet. Dip each tortilla in olive oil, flipping to coat both sides. Shake excess oil off, and drape tortilla over prepared bowls.
- Bake at 400 for 10-12 minutes or until browned and crispy. Allow to cool.
- Brown beef in a medium skillet, stirring to break up chunks, 5-8 minutes or until no longer pink. Add chili powder, cumin, oregano, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper along with 1 cup water. Stir well. Bring to a simmer and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Place tortilla cups into deep cereal bowls. Top with lettuce, taco meat, cheese, black beans, cooked brown rice, corn, sour cream and salsa. Sprinkle with cilantro.