I almost named this recipe “Skinny Strawberry Jalapeño Margarita” instead of “Healthy Strawberry Jalapeño Margarita” (as with the rest of the series), but I just couldn’t do it even though it seems to be the standard term for healthier cocktail recipes. Either way, I think you are going to really enjoy this spicy margarita recipe with the strawberry twist.
We use agave nectar and fresh lime juice rather than a margarita mix. However, I was able to find a bottled mix that has good ingredients (although it doesn’t taste quite as good, in my opinion). The bottled mix is called Tres Agaves and you can find it HERE.
Of course, alcohol and agave nectar are both yellow tier in 90/10. So, this recipe is pretty much all yellow tier. Not a bad way to use your 10% though, if you ask me. You can find a regular version and a watermelon version on this blog too.
The Healthy Strawberry Jalapeño Margarita recipe makes 2 servings or one Grande Margarita.
- 4 oz. tequila silver is best
- 4 oz. lime juice fresh squeezed, 4-5 medium limes
- 1 Tbsp agave often labeled "agave nectar"
- 4 strawberries fresh
- ice to taste
- jalapeno fresh, sliced
- flake salt optional, for rim
- Slice the fresh jalapeño into rings. Drop 1-3 rings to the bottom of a cocktail shaker or a glass. Use a muddler or the handle of a utensil to smash the jalapeño.
- Add the strawberries to a blender to blend until smooth. You can run the contents of the blender through a strainer to remove seeds and chunks if you wish but I just left it all in.
- Add ice, tequila, lime juice, strawberry juice and agave nectar to the shaker or glass. Mix or shake to combine.
- Use a lime wedge to wet the rim of a glass (or two if splitting this recipe...see notes). Spread the flake salt on a small plate and then dip the glasses in the salt to coat. Fill the glasses with ice.
- Pour the margarita from the cocktail shaker or mixing glass evenly between the two glasses (if splitting) or one glass if serving as a Grande Margarita. Garnish with strawberry slices, lime wedges and an additional jalapeño slice or 2 if desired.
This Post Has 0 Comments