Use this Healthy Simple Alfredo anyway you like! With chicken, shrimp, in lasagna, or just plain. It’s simple and delicious!
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp 100% whole wheat flour
- 1 1/3 cups milk 2% or whole
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated, divided
- 1 lb 100% whole wheat fettuccine
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add fettuccine. Cook 8 minutes or until it has reached desired doneness. Drain and set aside.
- While fettuccine is cooking, melt butter over medium heat in a medium saucepan. Add garlic and saute 1 min. Add flour; whisk until smooth. Gradually stir in milk, whisking constantly, until smooth. Cook an additional 8 minutes, or until thick and bubbly.
- Stir in cream cheese. Cook another 3 minutes or until cream cheese is melted and incorporated. Add 1 cup parmesan. Stir until parmesan melts. Combine pasta and sauce. Top with remaining cheese and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
Instant Pot Instructions
- Break noodles in half. Add to instant pot insert. Cover with water. (Should be about 4 cups.) Lock lid; set valve to sealing. Program for manual-high, and 4 minutes. Allow for natural pressure release. Drain any remaining water. (There might not be any!)
- While noodles are cooking, make sauce as directed above.
alfredo and pasta.
For seafood alfredo: cook any seafood (our favorite is shrimp, scallops, and lobster) and stir it
into the pasta and sauce.
For cajun alfredo: add cooked sliced italian sausage (uncured with no sugar listed in ingredients) and grilled diced chicken along with 1 T. cajun seasoning to pasta and sauce.