Side dish or vegan main dish, healthy Ratatouille will wow your family and warm your belly. We served it with 100% Whole Wheat French Baguettes, but it would be equally delish served over quinoa. We topped it with fresh mozzarella and fresh basil. You could try it with a dollop of goat cheese and fresh thyme! So much versatility!
- 1/2 onion finely diced
- 2 garlic clove thinly sliced
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes from a 15 oz can
- 1 zucchini thinly sliced
- 1 yellow squash thinly sliced
- 1/2 japanese eggplant thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 6 oz mozzarella fresh, sliced
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil chiffoned (cut into ribbons)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease oval baking dish, about 10 inches across, or an 11X9 inch glass baking dish.
- Layer onions at the bottom of prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with garlic slices. Pour crushed tomatoes over onions and garlic.
- Layer vegetables vertically over sauce, filling the dish. Drizzle vegetables with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and italian seasoning. Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit over vegetables. Place parchment over vegetables, and bake 45-55 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Top with mozzarella and basil for serving.
Instant Pot Directions
- Layer onions at the bottom of the instant pot insert. Sprinkle with garlic slices. Pour crushed tomatoes over onions and garlic.
- Layer vegetables vertically over sauce, filling the dish. Drizzle vegetables with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and italian seasoning.
- Seal Instant Pot. Set vent to sealed. Program for "manual" and "high pressure" and set timer for 5 minutes.
- After it's done, allow natural release (takes 10-15 minutes). Open instant pot, layer fresh mozzarella over vegetables, and sprinkle with fresh basil ribbons.
This Post Has 0 Comments