Yes. Yes you can have Healthy Pumpkin Crepes with a delicious cinnamon cream filling and NOT feel guilty about it.
- 1 cup 100% whole wheat flour
- 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 egg
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin not pumpkin pie mix
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
Cinnamon Cream Filling
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- Preheat griddle or large skillet over medium heat. Combine flour, honey, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl using a whisk.
- Add eggs, milk, pumpkin, and melted butter. Stir well.
- Drop by 1/4 cup onto prepared cooking surface. Using back of measuring cup, or back of a spoon, or a rubber scraper, spread the batter to 6-8 inch circle....as thin as you can make it.
- Let cook until bubbles slow, then carefully flip. Cook 30 seconds on other side.
- Remove to a prep surface (we used a cutting board for testing purposes). Add 1 1/2 Tbsp of cinnamon cream filling to center of crepe. Roll up. Repeat with remaining batter and crepes.
- Combine cream cheese, cinnamon, and maple syrup in a food processor. Process until smooth.