I LOVE popcorn (a green tier food), but microwave popcorn (even the ones marketed as healthy) are laden with chemicals and unhealthy fats, like hydrogenated oils!
So, what does a person, like me, that wants to keep their calories in the green tier do? They make their own healthy popcorn recipe! But how…you may ask?
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- Start with a Tbsp of coconut oil. melt in a large pan on med/hi heat.
- Once the oil is all melted, add 1/3-1/2 cup of popcorn. Each Tbsp of popcorn yield about 2 cups of popped corn.
- Then…cover with a lid and wait until you hear the first “POP”!
- Keep covered until the popping stops, then remove from the heat.
- You can add some Himalayan salt and/or some unsalted butter or just eat it plain! So yummy!!
This Post Has 0 Comments