Yes! Healthy Pizza Margherita! 100% Whole Wheat crust and fresh ingredients make a pizza that beats delivery every single time.
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cans tomato sauce 8 oz
- 2 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 16 oz mozzarella fresh, torn if not already pearled
- 20 leaves fresh basil torn or chiffoned
- 2 pints grape tomatoes halved or quartered
- 1 batch pizza dough see notes
- Heat oil in a medium skillet until hot. Add garlic. Satue' 1 minute. Add tomato sauce. Bring to boiling, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat oven to 400.
- Divide dough into quarters. Roll each quarter into a circle, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Spread each round evenly with tomato sauce, to within 1/2 inch from the edges.
- Dot with mozzarella and arrange tomatoes evenly over the rounds. Sprinkle with fresh basil.
- Place 1 pizza round directly onto the hot pizza stone. (A pizza peel works great for this.)
- Bake at 400 for 5-8 minutes or until dough is browned and cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining rounds.
This Post Has 0 Comments