This Healthy Pina Colada Salad is a great breakfast side. We originally served with with Breakfast Burritos way back in 2016 when we first started making meal plans. Healthy Pina Colada Salad is a cross between a pina colada (without the rum) and an ambrosia salad. I think you’ll really enjoy this unique fruit salad!
- 1 pineapple small, cut into chunks (about 2 cups)
- 1 banana sliced
- 1 can mandarin oranges in juice, drained, 15 oz
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 can coconut milk full fat
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Gently scoop the cream off the top of the can of coconut milk. (discard remaining milk, or reserve for another use). Combine coconut cream and vanilla. Chill 1 hour. Add chilled cream mixture to a blender. Blend until whipped, about 30 sec.
- While coconut cream is chilling, combine pineapple chunks, banana, and oranges in a medium bowl. Toss fruit with whipped coconut cream. Divide evenly among 4 small bowls. Sprinkle with coconut flakes.