Got leftover rice? This healthy Mexican Fried Rice is great weeknight fare, when you’re in a hurry and don’t have a lot of fresh ingredients on hand. Keep a few staples in your freezer and pantry, and you’ll be able to whip this up and feed your hungry mob in no time flat! We served this with our homemade queso!
- 3 cups brown rice cooked (measured after cooking; about 1.5 cups dry)
- 4 Tbsp avocado oil divided
- 1/2 cup frozen diced onions
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 bag frozen bell peppers and onions such as fajita mix
- 1 can green chiles diced
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo or canned diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 egg
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese grated, or cheddar
- 6 Tbsp guacamole optional
- Heat 2 T oil until hot. Add onion and garlic; sauté 4-6 minutes or until soft. Add pico, corn, fajita blend veggies, and green chiles; cook for 5-7 minutes or until liquid has evaporated. Add remaining oil, rice, and seasonings.
- Cook rice mixture 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently to blend the rice and seasonings. Move rice mixture to the side of the pan and, in the open space, cook eggs, stirring to scramble. Mix scrambled eggs into rice mixture.
- Serve with cheese. Customize with additional optional toppings such as guacamole, chopped cilantro, queso, chopped green onions, sliced black olives, or salsa.
This Post Has One Comment
This sounds great!