I’m always on the hunt for yummy healthy mexican side dishes, and this one is super delicious. The fact that it’s easy AND healthy is also a plus! The inspiration came from sixsistersstuff.com and I simply turned it into this healthy Mexican Corn Casserole.
- 1 bag frozen corn 16 oz
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 4 Tbsp cream cheese soft
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/3 cup cilantro chopped, plus more for garnish, if desired
- 2 Tbsp red onion finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 oz cojita cheese crumbled, plus more for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350. Combine milk and cream cheese in a blender. Blend until smooth. Set aside. Add corn, milk mixture, lime juice, cilantro, red onion, garlic, chili powder, salt, pepper and cojita cheese to a bowl. Mix well. Pour into greased casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until heated through. Top with additional cojita and cilantro, if desired.
- Follow instructions as above, but do not bake. Cover tightly and freeze.
To Cook After Freezing
- Thaw completely, then bake uncovered at 350 for 35-40 min. Top with additional cojita and cilantro, if desired.
This Post Has 0 Comments