Just like with most store-bought sauces, steak sauce is difficult to find without high fructose corn syrup and other junk. But, with the recent influx of ketchups sweetened only with honey (such as Heinz and Best Foods/Hellman’s), making your own Healthy Homemade Steak Sauce is easier than ever. In fact, you can even use Primal Kitchen brand that is completely unsweetened.
Give this a try as part of this steak recipe.
- 3 Tbsp Ketchup no sugar listed in ingredients, see description
- 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce no sugar listed in ingredients such as Wizard's brand
- 1 tsp Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce or to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.