I have a confession, and I hope the amazingness of this recipe allows you to forgive me. I copied Ryan’s Snickerdoodle cookie recipe as the basis for this recipe for healthy Fruit Pizza. There. Sigh. I said it. It feels so good to have gotten this off my chest. Thank you for listening, for being there.
The fact is, he really nailed it when he put almond and coconut flours together with baking powder, coconut oil, pure maple syrup, and vanilla. Those simple, clean-eating, real-food ingredients are the basis for the cookie dough that is the “crust” for this fruit pizza with a “wow factor” of 100.
The possibilities are endless with this fruit pizza. Shape, toppings, spices…you can easily make this your own any way you choose, without compromising on ingredients.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour blanched
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup Yellow Tier
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 8 each strawberries sliced
- 1 pint Blueberries
- 2 each kiwifruit sliced
- 1 pint raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl or Kitchen Aid Mixer, combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt. I used the paddle with soft edges to stir the ingredients but a spoon or whisk will work fine to combine the dry ingredients.
- Add melted coconut oil, pure maple syrup, and vanilla. Again, I used the mixer to stir until the dough is well combined and starts to thicken but it could be done by hand.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add dough to parchment-lined sheet. Roll out and shape into an egg shape (or any shape you choose). Roll to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until slightly stiffened.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for ~5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- While crust is cooling, blend cream cheese and syrup in a blender. Spread evenly over cooled crust. Top with fruit in any pattern you choose, or no pattern at all.
This Post Has 4 Comments
I am going to have to try this! I love the cream cheese & maple syrup icing!
Made this for our Easter dinner dessert. So good & very easy to make!
Yay!!! I’m so glad.
I’m making this for my birthday dessert!