Even my “I don’t like coconut” family members liked this crispy, healthy coconut shrimp dish! I served them atop Rainbow Veggie Pad Thai and it was delightful.
- 1 lb shrimp jumbo preferred, tail-on
- 1/2 cup 100% whole grain breadcrumbs gluten free is fine
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- 2 egg beaten
- 1 cup 100% whole grain flour or coconut flour
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- Heat oil in large skillet until melted and hot. Combine breadcrumbs and coconut in a blender or food processor. Process to fine crumbs. Place in a shallow dish.
- Add beaten eggs to another shallow dish. Add flour to a third shallow dish.
- Dredge each shrimp in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs. Add to hot oil and cook 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown on the outside and opaque throughout. Place on paper towels to drain.