Skip the drive through and whip up a batch of this hearty pasta. You won’t regret it! This Bacon Double Cheeseburger Mac-N-Cheese uses 100% whole grain pasta and real cheeses. No powdered packages needed at all and it’s not even harder.
- 6 oz uncured bacon no sugar listed in ingredients
- 1 lb ground beef 90% lean or leaner
- 1 onion diced, optional
- 1 lb 100% whole grain elbow noodles
- 1 cup milk whole preferred
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup dill pickles no sugar listed in ingredients (about 4 spears)
- Chop bacon. Cook in a medium skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon, reserving grease.
- Cook ground beef and onion, if using, in bacon grease, stirring frequently to break it up into smaller pieces, until beef is no longer pink. Drain in a colander.
- While beef mixture is cooking, bring a pot of water to a boil. Add pasta. Cook 8 minutes or until desired doneness. Drain.
- Combine cooked pasta, milk and butter in same pot. Stir until butter melts. Add cheese, salt, and pepper. Stir until cheese melts. Add bacon, beef mixture, and pickles and stir well.
- Chop bacon and cook bacon in instant pot on sauté until crisp. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and place on paper towels. Reserve grease.
- Still on sauté, cook beef and onion, if using, in bacon grease, stirring frequently until beef is no longer pink. Drain in a colander.
- In a clean insert, add pasta and 4 cups water. Close lid, turn to seal, and cook on manual-high for 4 minutes. Use quick pressure release.
- Remove lid. Turn to sauté. Add milk and butter, and stir until butter melts. Add cheese and stir until cheese melts. Stir in bacon, beef mixture, pickles, and salt and pepper.
This Post Has 3 Comments
My kids will love this!
They made a meal similar to this at work one day. It smelled wonderful! Will need to try this soon.
This is so good! Kids didn’t like the pickles so I will leave them out next time.