Unseasoned coleslaw mixes (without dressing) are readily available in most grocery stores year ’round. They’re slightly more expensive than buying, say, a head of green cabbage and shredding it yourself, but they’re still pretty reasonably priced. Of course, shredding a head of green cabbage is still an option, and an extremely budget-friendly one at that. (Actually, you’ll probably only need a half a head for this recipe.)
This recipe is gluten free and so easy to throw together. You’ll want to make it again and again!
- 1 package coleslaw mix classic style, no dressing
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise clean, see notes
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 1/2 tsp salt or more or less, to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or more, or less, to taste
- Add coleslaw mix to a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Combine dressing and coleslaw mix until well mixed.