This healthy classic style coleslaw is equally at home atop our Healthy Fried Fish Sandwiches or alongside the standard BBQ dinner along with Peachy BBQ Pork Sandwiches and Cowboy Baked Beans.
Unseasoned coleslaw mixes (without dressing) are readily available in most grocery stores year ’round. They’re slightly more expensive than buying, say, a head of green cabbage and shredding it yourself, but they’re still pretty reasonably priced. Of course, shredding a head of green cabbage is still an option, and an extremely budget-friendly one at that. (Actually, you’ll probably only need a half a head for this recipe.)
This recipe is gluten free and so easy to throw together. You’ll want to make it again and again!
- 1 package coleslaw mix classic style, no dressing
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise clean, see notes
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 1/2 tsp salt or more or less, to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or more, or less, to taste
- Add coleslaw mix to a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Combine dressing and coleslaw mix until well mixed.
This Post Has 0 Comments