This classic healthy beef and peapods stir fry, with all the flavor and none of the unwanteds, will be a welcome addition to your weekly menu rotation.
The colors alone are vibrant and inviting, but the aroma that wafts from the sizzling skillet will tantalize you.
To reduce the carbs, serve over cauliflower rice or just forget the rice. If you’re like me, you like carbs and serving this over cooked brown rice is a must. Chopsticks are optional.
This recipe was adapted from thepioneerwoman.com.
- 1.5 lbs skirt steak or flank steak. Sirloin also works.
- 1/2 cup Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 3 Tbsp red wine
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried ginger
- 3 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 cup carrot sliced diagonally
- 1.5 cup snow pea pods
- 3 each green onion
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- Cut steak thinly against the grain. (Freeze steak for 1 hour, if desired, to make cutting easier.)
- Add steak, bragg, wine, sugar, garlic, and ginger to a large zip top plastic bag. Seal and shake to combine. Set aside.
- Add 1.5 T. sesame oil to a large skillet or wok. Heat over medium high heat. Add one sliced carrot. If it sizzles, it’s ready. If not, let it heat a little longer. Once oil is hot, add all carrots. Stir-fry over medium-high heat for 4 minutes.
- Add steak and remaining oil. Stir to combine. Stir fry steak and carrots an additional 4 minutes. Add peapods. Stir fry 4 minutes or until carrots are tender-crisp, pea pods are bright green, and steak is done to desired doneness.
- Combine cornstarch and 3 Tablespoons water. Add to pan. Stir well. Stir-fry until thickened, about 30 seconds.
- Top with sliced green onions.
Pin this Healthy beef and peapods recipe to your favorite boards. Use the pin button on the image below (hover to see it on desktop). This would go great on clean eating boards, Asian food boards, main dish boards, and more.
This Post Has 0 Comments